Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Use Your Stash Blog Hop theme Use Up That Paper Stash

Do you have paper, paper, and more paper? A new year is a great time to pull out those stacks of unused papers and play, play, play -- Welcome to the Use Your Stash blog hop, if you have hopped from Janet's blog, you are on the right track. If you get lost along the way or wish to start from the beginning hop over to Joy's blog.

My project uses Close To My Heart paper from years ago and inspired by a Pinterest post.

Using the Cricut Craft Room and the Art Philosophy cartridges, a 4" x 5 1/4" rectangle with a shape (not welded) was placed in the right hand corner and on some a border was added across the middle, again using the don't weld option.


Each rectangle not halved by using an Art Philosophy border, was cut using White Daisy cardstock. Now it was time to cut a space in the center - some were cut straight some on a diagonal - cut once, move the piece top piece up 1/8" to a 1/4" and cut again.

Happy Birthday from the Holiday Tags (D1560) was stamped next to the cutout image.

http://shirleyross.ctmh.com/retail/Products.aspx?CatalogID=1835
 
While working on these cards, I found my stash of card bases. Several were created from retired cardstock. I used these card bases to attach the 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" pattern paper. Using 3D foam tap, the White Daisy overlays were attached. I did create a few with the White Daisy overlay attached directly to the pattern paper.

While working with the cardbase stash, I came upon a retired color I truly loved to use with black. Embossing the card base with polka dots was the first step.  Next I stamped a flower diecut using the Hello Blooms (C1540) musical flower image. The flower was popped up using 3D foam tape, and the pins from the Black Mini Medley Accents assortment were pressed into the foam tape.


Happy Birthday was added to a little flagged tag and a black cardstock flagged leaf completed this card.

Now hop on over the Tabbi's blog to see what they have created using up their paper stash --




15 comments:

  1. What a great way to use up that paper! Even great for paper that isn't your 'most favorite.' Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim that is so true, it is hard to use up those not so favorite papers! Thanks for the kind words

      Delete
  2. Hi there. Thanks for your sweet comment on my Emporium artwork. You are welcome to lift anything you see. :) I like the way you used the pattern paper behind the cardstock for added interest on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Casandra, you are super talented.

      Delete
  3. Nice and simple cards and a great way to use up your stash! I love the Cricut-cut cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have some of that paper! what a great project and idea! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards! They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cards! they are cute and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these cards. I am going to attempt to make them. Can this be done on the Gypsy? I don't have a great internet connection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, you certainly can use the Gypsy. I have the CCR file and could email it to you if you would like - let me know.

      Delete
  8. Super cute cards and I love the tip of the stash card bases, that is very helpful for a quick card when you need it. Would be smart to keep one container of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cool cards, Shirley!!! Lovely post overall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, Shirley! I like how you adapted the pinterest idea and made it your own! I recognize all that old paper and keep buying more without using it up. Perhaps you've inspired me to use more of it up!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cut-out raised above the b&t papers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, Shirley