Monday, January 20, 2014

Heart2Heart Challenge Blog theme is Two Faced . . .

Do you love double sided paper? It is one of my favorite products and can be so versatile. This week at Heart2Heart Challenge Blog, our theme is Two Faced - use double sided paper -

Laughing Lola is my showcase paper packet for January and here is one of the cards for my card classes.

It is based on a sketch I recently saw somewhere (if you know which one, please share in the comment).

The beautiful deep jeweled colors of the paisleys and flowers on one side and the purples and dark blue of the other.

I started with a top opening card base (11" x 4 1/4") folded in half to create a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card.

Next an Outdoor Denim (love the deep dark navy blue color) mat 4" x 5 1/4" was attached to the card base.

Four strips of Laughing Lola (one is the zip strip) were flagged on one end and arranged in the bottom right hand corner of a 5" x 4" White Daisy piece. Line the tops even and stagger the lengths of the flag. Finish with a teal shimmer tape (you can find this in the Cloud Nine January card kit special $15 with a qualifying $35 order).

Someone I knew shared some navy blue embroidery floss and it coordinated wonderfully with this project. Using the Stitch Guide and my piercing tool, holes were made for a running stitch using the navy embroidery floss. I started and stopped with the tails of the floss on the front to add texture.

Using the Holiday Tags stamp set (I love this stamp set), I stamped the Happy Holidays creating a Christmas card for next year. It is fun to work with non-traditional colors for Christmas.

The finishing touch, add 3D Foam Tape along the edges of the White Daisy piece and attach to the Outdoor Denim mat - the 3D Foam Tape gives it a little depth.

The birds were created with the Cricut - another project I had seen a few weeks past. Cutting two birds in one direction and using the mirror image option, cut two more. The wing section was an open area so I added a piece of the pattern paper being sure that the opposite side of the pattern paper showed through. The pieces were attached using Bonding Memories two way glue. One was created using a bent paper clip as the original project used, however I don't fold paper clips well, so I thought 'why not try a binder clip' and I liked it. By adhering the bird to only one side of the binder clip, you could use the binder clip as a frame by putting a photo between the two prongs.

I hope you enjoyed my little Two Faced creations, please let me know by commenting. You may also join us by linking your artwork to our Heart2Heart Challenge blog post - remember to use some Close To My Heart products.

3 comments:

  1. Your card is terrific, and I really love those birds! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those birdies are SOOOO CUTE!!!! Love the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, I am so relieved to not be the only one who finds inspiration only to forget where it came from! That is the sketch from one of the other challenge blogs that I used for my Dance card, lol! Laughing Lola was a great choice for this challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, Shirley