Friday, January 17, 2014

Color My Heart Color Dare - Juniper, Sunset, Smokey Plum, Cranberry, Honey

What a wonderful color theme for a hot air balloon. This week we are using Juniper, Sunset, Smokey Plum, Cranberry, and Honey.

Using Close To My Heart alcohol markers to color in the hot air balloon from the Lifting Spirits (C1570) stamp set was the inspiration that began this card.

There was a sponging technique using torn paper towel for clouds I wanted to try, so a Juniper piece for the sky, sponged with Juniper ink became the backdrop. To add more color I matted this Juniper piece with Sunset, Honey, and Smokey Plum (I love this deep purple color). The banner flag and clouds were stamped in black ink and were fussy cut out - yes scissors and some quiet time makes me happy. The hot air balloon was cut out, too.

The sun is a Cricut Artiste image, popping the center with 3D Foam Tape added a little more depth. One cloud, the hot air balloon and the flag banner were also popped up.and sentiment from Lifting Spirits - C1570.

Remember to check out the other great artwork on the Color My Heart Dare blog and share your project using our color scheme for this week.

3 comments:

  1. I love the little scene that you've created, Shirley! And it's so neat to see how different everyone's projects look when the focal point is different. Yours is great with just that pop of multi-colors on the balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! I really enjoy your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the balloon and how you triple-matted your card. Great use of all of the colours. This card would definitely cheer up anyone who is feeling blue.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, Shirley