Thursday, December 15, 2011

Technique Blog Hop - 3rd Day of Christmas

In keeping with my Days of Christmas theme, this the 3rd day, I am thankful for the wonderfully creative friends I have made through Close To My Heart. A few of my crafty friends love to share techniques found in the Idea Book. I am pleased to welcome you to our December Close To My Heart Technique Blog Hop! The hop is continuous. If this is the first stop, when you get back here, you  have seen them all.

If you have come from Judy's blog you are on the right path.

I think of December as the month of glitter and glitz, bright lights and tinsel, reds, greens, silver, gold all the trimmings of the season. I love that our technique for December is Glitter Glitz, shown on page 35 of the 2011 Autumn/Winter Idea Book.

My first creations are the Dreamin' Workshop on the Go bonus project cards. These 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" round cards were fun to make. Adding the Bronze Glitter Gel gives the cards that little glittery pop.

Glitz Glitter gel reminds me of tube icing and is applied in a similar manner.

If adding it in a line, holding the bottle above the project about a 1/4" of an inch or so and squeeze the bottle gently, try to keep the flow even. If you encounter an air bubble, stop and restart at the point you left off.

Creating the stems, I slowly twisted the bottle creating a thin ending to line.

The Glitz glitter gel dries slowly so carefully handle the project. You may want to have a drying area ready. A craft heater may be used to speed up the drying time. When dried with the craft heater, you will see a slighty different  effect.

The next is a sneak peek at my upcoming swap card embellishment -- look for more after the 20th when our swap cards are revealed!! Silver Glitter Glitz Gel adds a little more dimension to the Wonderland Workshop on the Go mitten stamp image (I love this stamp set).

Thank you for visiting. I would love for you to tell me what you thought of my use of the Glitz Glitter gel, please leave a comment. And if you do not have a consultant and would like to purchase any of the products you have seen, please go to my website and contact me.

Now on to Tonya's blog.

3 comments:

  1. Those workshop cards were some of my favorites. The Glitter Glitz changes them from nice to fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of the glitter as a tube of icing...great analogy, perhaps I can make better lines with it now. Can't wait to see your upcoming card swap....looks fabulous alread

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the leaves! I am anxious to use colors other than the Stardust!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, Shirley