Thursday, September 15, 2011

Technique Blog Hop- Multicolor Motifs

Another month, another awesome Technique Blog Hop!  We are demonstrating the “Multicolor Motifs” Technique as shown on page 110 in the Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book!  Markers and stamps, woohoo!!

This hop is a great big circle, so if you start here and come back here you have seen it all. If you have come from Debi's blog, you are on the right path.
For my creation, I started with a little 2011 Autumn/Winter Idea Book artwork. There is a Christmas card on page 51 that I just love. And so do so many of my friends, who keep asking me how to make it. I wondered 'what if I used this month's club kit paper packet, Typeset, and the Wishes, Cubed Collage recipe, and the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and a little Juniper, Desert Sand, and Cocoa ink and markers.'
This got those creative juices flowing -- and my creation was on it's way.

The mult-color technique allows you to color your stamp image in many different colors. Get your markers ready and get started.
Getting the basic tools and pieces ready, I started with a seasoned stamp (inked, stamped and cleaned several times). Carefully begin coloring the stamp image using the lightest color first and then moving to the next deeper color. Continue to color until you see the stamp image is changing colors.
Do not be afraid of the marker, if it is coming out slow you may want to shake your marker up a little and press down firmly, not enough to break the tip, however you want ink to flow steady. Once it is completed in the colors you have chosen and before you stamp the image, you need to huff on it -- okay stop laughing. 
To huff on your image, hold it still with the image raised up and close to your mouth. Now breath out through your mouth forcifully. This is the same technique to clean your glasses. This rehydrates the ink.
 
The stamped image may have a watercolor look and that is okay, it should look like you colored it. 

 I am sharing two views of the heart, this is the Multicolor Motifs technique image I created.

I hope you enjoyed and would love a comment before you move on over to Neely's Blog.




 

6 comments:

  1. That is simply beautiful! I love the watercolor effect on the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card. I especially love all the shaped layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley,

    I've left you a blog award on my blog. Thanks for sharing all the great techniques that you do.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, Shirley