Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Acrylix® Pair-a-Phrase Blog Hop

Welcome to our Double 'D' blog hop - if you have hopped from Jen's Jewel Box you are on the right track. This is a blog round, so you can start anywhere and continue until you return. Enjoy the ride!

It is amazing how Close To My Heart comes up with new specials and in preparation of National Stamping Month (September), we are offering our first-ever double stamp set! You can get the exclusive My Acrylix® Pair-a-Phrase double stamp set FREE when you place an order of $75 from August 15 through September 30, 2011.

You’ll love this double set—two D-size sets in one envelope—which includes lots of clever phrases and coordinating images you’ll use in your handmade cards all year.

And with a retail value of $35.90, this set drastically increases the value of your qualifying purchase!

But wait our Extra, Extra! August Stamp of the Month special is still running, so if your Double 'D' order is $75, you qualify for the August Stamp of the Month for only $5 AND  you will receive a cute 'A Typeface' alphabet stamp.

What a great special, THREE (3) 'D' size stamp sets and an 'A' size stamp set -- all for only a $75 order - and if you order the great Close To My Heart Cricut cartridge collection - Z1686 Cricut® Art Philosophy Collection - SIX (6) 'D' size stamp sets, an 'A' size stamp set, an awesome Cricut cartridge with an unprecedented 700 images available and more for only $99 -- email me to take advantage of this special
My creation -- It is so fun to show how the Idea Book is an idea book.

I took the Wishes (9033) 'All Tucked In' recipe shown on page 27 in the new 2011 Autumn/Winter Idea Book. I wanted to use the new Decor Journaling Spots (Z1461), Kraft (Z1375) and Colonial White Cardstock (X5901 six pack) and the pleated ribbon from the Designer Ribbon red collection (Z1615).

 Below is a short tutorial for using the blending pen (3174) to color - if you wish to continue to Gina's blog, great. Remember to come back and check out the tutorial.

Don't have a Close To My Heart consultant, click here to order any of the products



First let us get our tools together -

Next I stamped the images using Stazon brown (Z1142) as I wanted to color using the blending pen (3174) and using a permanent ink allows for coloring without bleeding into the color.











A great way to use the ink is while the ink pad is closed, press the middle which will lay ink into the lid, ready for you to pick up with the blending pen.




11 comments:

  1. The pull tag is such a nice surprise element!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your card and I really love how you used the tag element...I have extras left from another project, now you have shown me a great way to use em' up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Shirley! I love the pull-out element. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Love the surprise pull out phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with that tag! Gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute idea of having a pull out tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is a very adorable way to get a message! I love it! (I really love anything kraft!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice card Shirley!! I just LOVE how you used our new tags!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love how the bike image kind of conceals the fact that your card has a pocket with a tag. Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the pull-out tag, cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, Shirley