Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Amore! Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

It is time for a little blog hoppin' and we have over 60 creative consultants, so let's get started!
Laura Newton's blog is before me... isn't her project so cute?! 

The next blogger is Kimberly Smith, WAIT, check out my creation before you go.  There is a hoppin' link at the bottom to help you along.

Amore (D1445) is such a cute stamp set and just what the ROMANTIC ordered -

Oh, how cute would it be to create my little Emily a Valentine card. With the hectic Thanksgiving season just finishing, and the chaotic Christmas season just starting, let's keep it simple.

What goes well with Valentines? CHOCOLATE.

This little card is a chocolate masterpiece and as my inspiration a little leftover Halloween candy -- a chocolate tootsie pop.

I started with a 3" x 6" piece of Colonial White cardstock (I like to keep these little 3" x 6" scraps on hand for a quick little card.) 

Next, generational stamping of the double hearts - load ink onto stamp image and then keep stamping until you see no image on the paper when stamping.  This is a great way to add dimension or motion.  Finish the card base by random stamping the 'Be Mine' sentiment. 

Stamp the larger heart directly on the card base at the top upper left corner, letting it hang off the edge just a little.  Stamp a scrap piece of Colonial White cardstock with this same larger heart image and cut it out. Ink the edges of the cut out heart.

Stamp the smaller double hearts image and cut out. Carefully ink the edges of the double hearts cutout image.

Stamp the sentiment 'Love' on a 2 1/4" x 2 3/4" piece of Colonial White cardstock. Ink the edges by holding the piece at a 45 degree angle and swipe the cardstock piece directly onto the ink pad.

I found some old Christmas gold ric-rac (love to use what I have on hand), to add a little bling. I wrapped it around the heart leaving it loose to add more dimension. Use 3D foam tape on the back of the larger heart cutout and place the cutout heart over the heart already stamped on the card base.
I adhered the little double hearts cutout to the bottom of the 'Love' sentiment, and adhered the sentiment piece to the right of the heart, letting it hang off the card base, just a little. Now my little Emi's Valentine is ready - I can't wait to see her face when she opens it -- oh my, it is only December. Well, I am finally working ahead.

I love to see your comments, so please let me hear from you.  Now hop on over to Kimberly Smith blog.

Supplies Used (shop online):
1388 Colonial White cardstock
Z2114 Cocoa Ink
D1445 Amore Stamp of the Month - want to earn it at a discount, ask me how

6 comments:

  1. Chocolate definately makes you think of valentine's day and special treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your random stamping and the gold ric rac.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!!! Very cute card! It's been a while I hope you're doing well, I didn't even know you had a blog :( But I do now so I'll come visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, Shirley